Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Tearing Apart the Studio

I shipped out three crates of scroll paintings last weekend for shows in North Dakota and Boston. Come Monday, I saw it as the perfect opportunity to tear apart the studio, build shelves, worktops and storage. I'm currently into day three of "the cleaning/sorting process" with hopes of building the units tomorrow. My goal is to be done by Friday, so I can start painting scrolls again by Saturday night. I was going to throw a fresh coat of paint on the walls as well, but it looks like my studio may get some major architectural improvements in the next few months (more windows and a direct entrance connecting to the house), so I'll wait on painting the walls.

I have to get this done, or a week without painting might just do me in.- DN

No comments: