Tuesday, November 09, 2010

New Miniatures in Process

I awoke to a light mist in the desert. I’m still not used to the time-change; five o’clock is still too early but attempting to return to sleep never works out.

I had plans to stretch and gesso a large canvas, today. The idea was a finished painting in the neighborhood of 60”x80”. Last evening I went to bed with thoughts of much smaller works. I dreamt of miniatures along the lines of the past summer’s enamels; nothing larger than 12”x12”. Most in the 5”x5” frame, possibly, creating a mixture of oils and enamels with a goal of 300 new paintings by spring. It is supposed to be in the freezing temperatures, by midnight and remain throughout the coming days. I always loved using my long cold winters for inventory building. - North

No comments: