I am becoming more and more open to the internet as an actual outlet of conceptual art. I actually believe it is a better place, than commercial galleries, for most installation video performance works - because of the larger available audience.
In a previous post I mentioned the addictive Post Secret project of writing down secrets and mailing them to an artist on the east coast. The artist/sponsor has taken a few of the ten-thousand-plus images and put them on a very popular blog/website.
I recently ran across another societal-based-art/internet-project. This MEME has been bouncing around the Finnish blogs: List your five wierdest habits and link to the blog you read it on. Now I hate chain-letter crap, but I see this as more of an interactive art project, plus I dig the fact that it has crossed the Atlantic.
Here's my list:
1. I make a drastic cross-country move every two to three years.
2. I hate answering/talking on the phone. I always prefer e-mail.
3. I prefer to go to movie theaters by myself (have always done this).
4. I only listen to audio books, while I paint (mystery or philosophy).
5. I keep buying British vehicles that are absolutely unreliable (and make me continuously angry) and when I get around to selling my current Land Rover, I will probably buy a different Brit car.
Do me a favor, if you write your own, link it to my blog or website. If you don't have a blog, just write your own list under the comments section of this post.
This is where I got the MEME