Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Joy of Art (Imitators)


AGFRAG Entertainment Group is developing “The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross” as a game on the upcoming next-generation Nintendo system. The game is currently scheduled for release on the PC, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo Wii. Though still in the design phase, actual game control is currently unknown but developers are predicting a scenario where one uses the controller as a paintbrush (or a spray can). A spokesman stated, "to remain competitive with our products, we can't share that information at this time. Control will be intuitive and easy. Watch the Bob Ross TV shows, and you'll start to put two and two together."


HE LIVES!!!! I have a knack for running across aesthetic shams and being personally insulted by them for the rest of my life. As mentioned in previous posts, I feel the same way about Thomas Kincaid. My folks love this guy, which burns me to no end. Unfortunately, their not the only ones, that’s why he’s so famous. I ran across some interesting online profiles while trying to understand the “follower” of this type of almost-artists. I believe my personal favorite was a home-schooled teenager from Wisconsin (beautiful state) that listed God and Thomas Kincaid as her favorite authors.

Are you freakin’ kidding me? - DN

No comments: