Monday, February 06, 2006

Lotto of Life

Thanks to Gregory Humes for his great suggestions to update my portfolio website, I think it is a huge improvement. For those of you that haven't seen the changes, yet - click here: www.danielnorth.com

On another note, when I was a teacher (in one of my many former career lives) I aggravated more than my share of parents and fellow educators because of my philosophies towards life. A few things I used to drill into my students included:

"Time is worth more than money."

"Once you leave home, don't waste all your time worrying about money, this is America and the money always comes one way or another."

"Go to your DREAM college and worry about paying for it later (student loans - everyone's got them, might as well have the debt for something you enjoyed)."

"Treat life like a permanent vacation by moving around alot, this will teach you to better understand how people live in their own little worlds."

Now for my final suggestion. "If you won the lottery today, what would you do to change your life tomorrow? Whatever it is (besides buying crap you don't need) - that's what you should do tomorrow, lottery or not." - DN

P.S. This applies to art, whether it reinforces the basic "making of art" or the type of work one makes without the influence of only creating "art that will easily sell".

1 comment:

Vin. said...

Hey! I like the updates to your site. It looks great!

vin.